Auntie: Can I have that cupcake please (pointing at a bunch of blueberry raisin muffins)
Pekerja: Oh you mean this muffin?
Auntie: Muffin? No no. I want cupcake, that one (pointing at the same bunch of muffins)
Pekerja: Uhh...ok (cupcake pun cupcake la makcik oi)
Me (dalam hati): terang-terang tu muffin, dah label pun tertera 'Blueberry Raisin Muffin :RM 2.50'
Ape2 je la kan. So, from that incident, saya pun macam terfikir, hmmm...are muffins a type of cupcake? Or are they both a different entity?
So, I've made a simple research and also tanye kat one bakery ni...so inilah hasil penyiasatan saya:
- It is exactly just the same as a whole cake, but it is baked and served to serve one individual (in terms of the size)
- Usually frosted with icings and other sorts of accessories
- Un-frosted cupcake DOES NOT equate to a muffin
- Butter is usually used in cupcake recipes
- So therefore,CUPCAKE IS A CAKE
- Simply mixing the wet and dry ingredients together and some recipes do not even require an electronic beater or whisk
- Can be frosted or not frosted
- Can be sweet or savoury (other than letak pisang or other sweet stuff in muffins, bleh gak letak beef bacon ke, cheese ke, chili ke or whatever la)
- Frosted muffin DOES NOT equate to cupcake
- Oil is usually used in muffin recipe
- So therefore, MUFFIN IS A TYPE OF QUICK BREAD
Conclusion: Cupcake = kek, Muffin = type of roti
Tak kisah la korg nak panggil ape pun muffin ke, cupcake ke, akhirnye masuk perut jugak ken....